Other Voices have put out a call for bands to apply to play their IMRO Other Room this year.
One of the Irish music scene’s most prestigious and intimate event’s RTÉ’s flagship music program’s Other Voices will once again be giving up and coming acts the chance to showcase their work to a wider platform via the IMRO Other Room stage.
Previous acts to have featured as part of the IMRO Other Room include James Vincent McMorrow, Rusangano Family and Villagers. In July 2016 an hour long special on the Other Room aired on RTÉ 2, featuring performances from Saint Sister, Talos, Gavin Glass, Bitch Falcon, HAWK and 2015 Open Call winner Saramai. See full open call details and process info below.
The Open Call 2016
If you would like to be in with a chance to play the IMRO Other Room in December 2016 here’s what you need to do: Submission form link – here
ONE (or all) of the following: SOUNDCLOUD URL / SPOTIFY / YOUTUBE URL
WEBSITE / FACEBOOK URL
BIO (200 words)
The winning applicant will be offered a coveted chance to play the IMRO Other Room infront of a live audience in Dingle at Other Voices 2016.
Applicants must apply with an original piece of work and be free to travel to Dingle between the 2nd-4th of December 2016.
- IMRO OPEN CALL 2016 accepting submissions: 26th August 2016
- IMRO OPEN CALL 2016 closes: 16th September 2016
- PUBLIC VOTE RTE: 24th October 2016
- PUBLIC VOTE RTE CLOSES 28th October 2016
- November 2016 Winner Announced.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You need to be at least 15 and if under 18 you’ll have to get your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent before signing up to the Other Voices IMRO Other Room Open Call.
2.You can submit one audio visual recording of original (non sampled) songs written by you – the tracks have to be owned/controlled by you throughout the world (and any samples need to be cleared) but it’s okay if you have a publisher for your songs.
- Each recording needs to be submitted via a url. For the purpose of this comptition this is limited to YouTube, Spotify and SoundCloud. Please note that it is an advantage to submit a live recording, but not essential.
- Your recordings and compositions will be promoted on the Other Voices websites and affiliate websites and your submission to the IMRO Other Room Open Call indicates permission for Other Voices to do so.
- A selected panel from Other Voices will generate a shortlist of approximately 20 submissions from the total amount of submissions
- This shortlist of approximately 20 submissions will be given to an external panel to select the final five submission to go to public vote
- At the end of the voting process the most popular submission will be invited to perform in the IMRO Other Room 2nd – 4th of December 2016. Dates of travel TBC.
- You must be available to travel to Dingle to take part in the filming of Other Voices between 2nd – 4th December 2016.
9. Any associated costs in relation to travel and accommodation in Dingle will not be covered by Other Voices
- Other Voices rights are entirely non-exclusive and there’s no tie-in. You always retain control of your recordings and songs. Other Voices™ will use your tracks and songs in promotion which will be licenced by you gratis as part of the submission process.